The FWG blog is now open to guest blog posts from members! We’re looking for posts on any aspect of the writing process or the writing life, aimed at any skill/experience level of writer. This can be anything from a straightforward how-to article on craft to something more like a personal/inspirational essay (maybe on an author or work who influenced you, or some meaningful experience you’ve had related to writing in general or writing furry fiction). Topics can be specific to furry writers’ concerns, but they don’t have to be. We’re also open to posts from editors’ perspectives and to interviews of writers, publishers, and editors within the fandom. The specifics:
- Submissions accepted from current FWG members (writers and associates) only.
- Length: Open, but 500-1000 words preferred. (Also open to series of posts.)
- Please include a title for the post.
- Content should be appropriate for all audiences.
- Reprints are fine (please provide the link to where they originally appeared).
- Send submissions in online format (blank line between paragraphs, no indents). One space after periods, please. You can send as .txt, .rtf, or .doc, or in the body of the email.
- Send to furwritersguild (at) gmail.com, subject line Blog Submission.
- Response time: Generally within 1-2 weeks. After a month, query.
- Your blog post will include a link to your page in the Member Directory, so you may want to make sure your bio there is up to date before submitting. (Email updated bios to furwritersguild (at) gmail.com.)
We try to post 2 guest posts per month, on the 10th and 20th, depending on the number of suitable submissions received. Any questions, comment here or email us at furwritersguild (at) gmail.com.