This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations of participants in the Furry Writers’ Guild community, as well as steps to reporting unacceptable behavior. The Code applies to the FWG Forums, the Shoutbox, the FWG Slack workspace, the FWG Telegram group, and any other FWG-branded social spaces, both online and off. It applies both to FWG Members and future members (i.e., any participants in our spaces).
- Be welcoming. The FWG welcomes and supports all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to, participants of any age, experience level, nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, ability/disability, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and expression, or level or type of participation in the furry fandom.
- Be respectful. Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is not an excuse for poor behavior and personal attacks. Harassment, trolling, and derogatory/demeaning speech will not be tolerated, whether the speech is targeting an individual or any group. (See below for more details.)
- Be kind. Do not insult or put down other participants. Respect others’ boundaries in terms of objectionable content. If you’re asked to drop a particularly contentious topic or take the conversation elsewhere, please respect that request.
- Be ratings-aware. Keep profanity mild and to a minimum; don’t share adult material unless it’s clearly marked NSFW (and do not share it at all in the Shoutbox or general Slack workspace channels). None of the FWG spaces are designed for roleplay, and outside of the
#adult-chatSlack channel, risqué conversation is inappropriate.
- Be mindful of conversation. Small talk in Slack and Telegram is fine (even encouraged), but try not to derail discussions, and remember that not every joke that pops into your head needs to be shared.
Harassment includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, race, age, culture, political or religious affiliation
- Threats of violence, both physical and psychological
- Incitement of violence and/or deliberate intimidation
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior
- Deliberate misgendering or deadnaming
- “Doxxing” (revealing private information)
- Continued sending of private/direct messages sent after a request to cease
- Sustained disruption of discussions
- Advocation of hateful ideologies, including open membership in hate groups
While we don’t actively monitor non-FWG spaces and platforms, documented harassment carried out by or against members in other social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Fur Affinity) is considered a violation of this Code of Conduct.
Reporting inappropriate behavior: Please contact an admin via private message on the FWG Forums, Slack workspace, or Telegram. Provide as much detail as you can, including screenshots or copied chat text; the admin will review the situation and take appropriate action.
Actions: Actions may include warnings, temporary or permanent bans from any or all FWG spaces, and/or revocation of FWG membership. Specific actions taken are at the discretion of FWG admins, moderators, and officers, based on the judged severity of the behavior.