Welcome once again to another FWG Newsletter! We’ve had a busy month here at the Guild so let’s get on with the news.
First, we would like to recognize that the Ursa Major Awards are now open for voting! We hope Furry authors, editors, and fans of Furry works of all kinds go vote for their favorites. The voting form is available here.
Two projects associated with the FWG are up for awards and we would like to encourage our members to consider giving them their vote. The first thing is that From Paw To Print is nominated for Best Non-Fiction Work. Compiled by Thurston Howl, this collection of essays features multiple guild members and is a marvelous resource for anyone wanting to get into Furry writing.
Profits from the sale of From Paw To Print are donated to support the FWG as well, so we would love to see it get some serious recognition on an awards stage. For those who haven’t picked up a copy, it is available here from Bound Tales Press.
The second is the Furry Writers’ Guild Blog which is nominated for Best Anthropomorphic Magazine. Those who have enjoyed posts like our Black History Month spotlights, interviews with authors and editors, and even things like this newsletter should consider giving the blog their vote. A win would be wonderful for the Guild and make our blog an even more powerful promotion tool for members of the FWG.
Speaking of the blog, this month we featured four separate Black Furry creatives there. We hope those who have yet to check out these interviews will give them a look — there’s a lot to be learned from them.
- Black History Month Spotlight: Ryuukiba
- Black History Month Spotlight: Rhyner
- Black History Month Spotlight: Cedric G! Bacon
- Black History Month Spotlight: Kirisis “KC” Alpinus
Remember, we now have our Promotion Tip Line to submit to if you have new releases coming out, so don’t hesitate to fill that out so we can feature your book in our next newsletter! Here’s a new release we spotted this month:
- The Captain’s Oath by Rick Griffin
You can find all kinds of submission calls for Furry writing in our Furry Writers’ Market! Currently, these markets are open.
- Shark Week: Ocean Animals – Deadline: April 30th, 2021
- Selections of Anthropomorphic Literature: Vol 2 – Deadline: May 15th, 2021
- Furs With Benefits – Deadline: June 1st, 2021
- Less Fur-Milliar Spaces – Deadline To Commit: June 1st, 2021
- CRINKLE: A Littles Anthology – Deadline: June 15th, 2021
- Pirating Pups – Deadline: November 30th, 2021
- The Nightmurr Before Christmas – Deadline: October 1st, 2021
- #ohmurr! – Deadline: Ongoing
One last thing this month: Don’t forget to nominate works for the 2020 Cóyotl Awards! The nomination deadline is March 15th so time is running out. It’s one of the perks of guild membership to nominate, so exercise it! You can nominate works here.
I know that it’s the anniversary of COVID-19 lockdowns for many people, so I want to remind everyone to take care of themselves and keep working hard to stay safe. Anniversaries of traumatic events have been shown to cause extra stress for people, so make sure to give yourself some kindness in whatever ways you can. Until next time, may your words flow like water.
– FWG President Linnea “LiteralGrill” Capps