Hello there FWG members, it’s time for another monthly newsletter! We’ve got a good bit of news for you this month, so let’s hop right into it!
First we’ll be streaming the Cóyotl Awards Ceremony on July 8th at 8 PM CST! We know you’ve all been waiting, but we’ve finally managed to get all of our things together for our trophies and managed to get safe shipping set up. We’ll be streaming live from our Twitter account via Periscope, so keep an eye out there for the stream.
Second, we would like to give a warm welcome to our newest guild officer: Moonraiser! They will be taking over as Markets Manager. If you know of a furry market that should be listed in our Furry Writers’ Market contact them and we’ll get it added.
Don’t forget we have a wonderful beta reading program taking place on our Discord. This month @KILL!Roy beta read the most stories! We had 15+ reads officially documented through the program this month and we hope next month we can have even more.
Last month was Pride Month so we featured several FWG members all across the LGBT+ community. We encourage you to check these out to not only learn more about your fellow guild members, but to learn a bit about how various identities can affect writing.
We would like to remind everyone once more about our Microfiction Monday initiative. Any writer, non-members included, that can write a Tweet sized story has the opportunity to have it featured on our Twitter! You can learn more about the program and how to submit here. We almost ran out of submissions this month, so any stories that get sent in will almost certainly be featured! Take this opportunity to try a writing challenge and get a shoutout.
Last month we accidentally missed a few titles that was released and wanted to fix that! Anyone publishers or writers, with books going out should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any books that are coming out to help us not miss any titles. This includes any self published work! With this in mind, the books we missed include:
- Ninja Wolf Saizo by Saber Grey
- Kawokee by Reid Minnich & Stacy Bender
- The Right to Belong by Reid Minnich & Stacy Bender
- Bad Sushi and Other Tales by Reid Minnich & Stacy Bender
- I, the Tribunal by P.C. Hatter
- My Claws are Quick by P.C. Hatter
- Retribution is Mine by P.C. Hatter
We also have some other new releases from this month! Be sure to check these out:
Part of our website update was making our Furry Writers’ Market better than ever before! You can find all of open markets for furry writing we can track down here: https://furrywritersguild.com/furry-writers-market/
Currently, these anthology markets are open:
- The Furry Gameshow Network (Deadline: July 10, 2020)
- Leave The Lights On (Deadline: July 20, 2020)
- Dread Volume 2. (Deadline: August 7, 2020)
- Swept Under the Fur Rug (Deadline: October 1st, 2020)
- 1921: Furries In Fedoras (Deadline: October 31, 2020)
- Dogbumps Academy of Wayward Wixards (Deadline: November 1st, 2020)
- Reclamation Project: Year Two (Deadline: October 31, 2020)
- Electric Sewer 2: Boogie Nights (Deadline: December 1, 2020)
- The Howling Dead (Deadline: December 15th, 2020)
- iPawd – A Furry Music Anthology (Deadline January 10th, 2021)
Consider checking out our page for details and writing up a story for one of these awesome anthologies!
One last thing before I sign off for the month. We said it on Twitter but I’ll say it here once more: Black Lives Matter. The Furry Writers’ Guild stands in support of all of our Black members as well as any other members of marginalized groups within our ranks. We always want our members to feel safe and to do our best to uplift their voices. If there’s anything the guild could be doing better in this regard, please get in contact with me right away: it’s a top priority. Until next month, may your words flow like water.
– FWG President Linnea “LiteralGrill” Capps